Modernized Reference Drug Program Training Modules (MRDP)
The MRDP Training Modules provide British Columbia Prescribers and Pharmacists with the evidence and tools necessary for safe, effective and economical prescribing, switching and/or adapting drugs within the PharmaCare MRDP categories.
Pre-requisites and Target Audience
The MRDP Training Modules were developed to support British Columbia Pharmacy professionals and Prescribers (physicians, dentists, nurse practitioners, naturopathic physicians, podiatrists, midwives and optometrists)
You can access the course materials at https://edge.edx.org/courses/course-v1:UBC+MRDP+2016/about. If you have not already done so, you will be required to create and activate an edX Edge account OR if you already have an edX Edge account, you will be asked to Sign In.
Upon completion of the MRDP Training modules, learners will be able to:
- Identify the reference drug(s) in each of the 8 Modernized Reference Drug Program categories
- Review the evidence used to select the reference drug(s) in each therapeutic category
- Initiate drug therapy with, or adapt/switch drug therapy to the reference drug within an MRDP therapeutic drug category in appropriate patients
- Recognize patients whose drug(s) would not normally be fully covered under the Modernized RDP but for whom full coverage will be continued
- Discuss strategies for obtaining full drug coverage for a non-reference drug in special circumstances where a patient is unable to take the reference drug(s)
There are nine modules in this training program. Modules can be reviewed in any order free-of-charge. The first module is an overview of the Modernized Reference Drug Program. Modules 2-9 provide evidence supporting the equivalence of reference drugs, as well as case examples.
Continuing Education/Professional Development Credits (CEU’s)
Modules are accredited for BC Pharmacy Professionals only. To receive credits for each module complete the learner reflective activity and module evaluation.
|1||Overview of the Modernized Reference Drug Program (MRDP)||Not Available|
|2||Angiotensin Converting Enzyme Inhibitors (ACEIs)||0.5|
|3||Angiotensin Receptor Blockers (ARBs)||0.5|
|4||Calcium Channel Blockers (CCBs)||0.5|
|5||HMG CoA Reductase Inhibitors (Statins)||0.5|
|6||Proton Pump Inhibitors (PPIs)||0.5|
|8||Non-Steroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs)||0.5|
This program complements the BCPhA Modernized Reference Drug Program which can be accessed at https://www.bcpharmacy.ca/etraining-rdp
For more information about the MRDP Training Modules, please email email@example.com or call (604) 827-3108.