The Canadian Pharmacy Practice Program is offered three times per year: January, May and September.
Please note that space in the program is limited and applications are accepted for each session until that session is filled. Sessions fill up quickly. Please apply early to avoid disappointment.
Program Dates and Application Deadlines
|Application Deadline- Canadian citizens and permanent residents||Application Deadline- Applicants who require a study permit|
Classroom: September 7 - December 3, 2021
|August 6, 2021||May 7, 2021|
Classroom: January 11 - April 8, 2022
|December 10, 2021||September 10, 2021|
|May 2022||Classroom: May 3 - July 29, 2022
SPT (Practicum): September 5 – November 30, 2022
|March 31, 2022||January 6, 2022|
1. Program tuition is reviewed annually, and may be subject to an annual increase. In recent years, increases have been 2%-3%.
2. Program dates and format are subject to change.
3. Starting September 2019, all CP3 students must be registered with UBC Student Health Services and immunized according to the Canadian Pharmacy Practice Program Immunization Review Instructions document. This is a pre-practicum requirement. If a student fails to complete the above, they will not be eligible for their practicum.
4. COVID-19: The September 2021, the January 2022, and the May 2022 classroom portion of CP3 will be delivered via an online medium due to COVID-19. Future session delivery formats will be re-assessed based on the current pandemic situation.
Upcoming Orientation and “Getting Ready” Dates
- January 2022 Orientation: Tuesday, January 11, 2022
- “Getting Ready” Mock-OSCE (One day): TBD
The exam will be entirely online due to the COVID-19 gathering restrictions.
Due to the heavy workload of the program and the fundamental principles taught in the first four weeks of the program, attendance in all classes is mandatory from the first day. Late arrivals to the program will not be admitted. Any students with an unexcused absence during the initial four weeks of the program will have their registration cancelled and will forfeit the $2,000.00 tuition deposit, $250.00 non-refundable application fee, and a pro-rated amount based on the number of days into the course.