The Canadian Pharmacy Practice Program is offered three times per year: January, May and September.
Please note that space in the program is limited and applications are accepted for each session until that session is filled. Sessions fill up quickly. Please apply early to avoid disappointment.
Program Dates and Application Deadlines
|Application Deadline- Canadian citizens and permanent residents||Application Deadline- Applicants who require a study permit|
|Classroom: January 8 - April 5, 2019
SPT (Practicum): April 15 - July 10, 2019
|December 7, 2018||September 7, 2018|
|Classroom: April 30 - July 26, 2019
SPT (Practicum): August 5 - October 30, 2019
|March 29, 2019||January 4, 2019|
|September 2019||Classroom: September 3 - November 29, 2019
SPT (Practicum): January 6 - April 1, 2020
|August 2, 2019||May 3, 2019|
|January 2020||Classroom: January 7 - April 3, 2020
SPT (Practicum): April 13 - July 8, 2020
|December 6, 2019||September 6, 2019|
|May 2020||Classroom: May 5 - July 31, 2020
SPT (Practicum): August 10 - November 4, 2020
|April 3, 2020||January 10, 2020|
|September 2020||Classroom: September 8 - Dec 4, 2020
SPT (Practicum): January 4 - March 31, 2021
|August 7, 2020||May 8, 2020|
1. Program fees are currently under review by the Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences and are subject to change.
2. Dates are subject to change.
3. Starting September 2019, all CP3 students must be registered with UBC Student Health Services and immunized according to the Canadian Pharmacy Practice Program Immunization Review Instructions document. This is a pre-practicum requirement. If a student fails to complete the above, they will not be eligible for their practicum.
Upcoming Orientation and “Getting Ready” Dates
- September 2019 Orientation: Tuesday, September 3, 2019
- Fall 2019 “Getting Ready” Mock-OSCE (One day): Sunday, October 27, 2019
Due to the heavy workload of the program and the fundamental principles taught in the first four weeks of the program, attendance in all classes is mandatory from the first day. Late arrivals to the program will not be admitted. Any students with an unexcused absence during the initial four weeks of the program will have their registration cancelled and will forfeit the $2,000.00 tuition deposit, $250.00 non-refundable application fee, and a pro-rated amount based on the number of days into the course.